It is permissible to combine daytime prayers Zuhr and ‘Asr together and nighttime prayers Maghrib and ‘Isha’ together when the necessity arises. Sa‘eed ibn Jubayr reported that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may […]
– Janabah (sexual)– Menses– Post-childbirth bleeding
– Purification from major ritual impurity– Purification from minor ritual impurity
– Ritual purification– Physical purification
– Not seeing blood for 24 hours– Not seeing blood for the amount of time between 2 consecutive prayers
Flowing of blood from a woman exceeding the duration or period of her menses or post-childbirth bleeding (durations have been disagreed upon as previously stated).
Reading the Qur’anMajority – impermissibleImam Malik, a saying in Hanbali, opinion selected by ibn Taymiyyah – permissible Touching or carrying a copy of the Qur’anMajority – prohibitedDhaahiri – not prohibited […]
– Hanafi, Maliki, Shafa’i: no expiation, but it is obligatory to ask Allah for forgiveness and repent– Hanbali: expiation is obligatory (according to the hadith used as evidence: pay charity […]
It’s agreed upon by Muslim jurists that whoever has intercourse with his wife during her menses has inevitably committed a major sin.
<strong>What are impermissible acts during menses and post-childbirth bleeding which are agreed upon?</strong>
– Fasting– Praying– Spousal sexual intercourse
1 – Majority: 40 days2 – Maliki and Shafa’i: 60 days
– External blood resulting from a woman giving birth.– No minimal length for post-childbirth bleeding.