Majlis Al-Shura Election 2023
InshaAllah the shura election will be held electronically and in-person on November 19th 2023. If you would like to nominate yourself and become a shura candidate, please complete the form at the bottom of this page.
You may refer to the Constitution and Bylaws of IAR for additional details.
- October 1 | List of Shura Eligibility
- October 28 | Nominations Period Ends
- October 31 | List of Candidates Announced
- November 10 | Candidate Introduction
- November 19 | Election Day*
*Ballots will be cast electronically remote or in-person at IAR
For IAR Majlis Al-Shura 2024-2028
- According to the IAR bylaws (Articles VIII, Section 2), any Muslim aged 20 years or more, who is a current member and who by March 1 of the year prior to the election year was a member of IAR and had been an active IAR volunteer for at least three years, is eligible to become a member of the Shura. Members of the Board of Directors, current employees and contractors of IAR or its entities, are not eligible for Shura membership.
- If you are eligible and willing to serve in the Shura, please fill out this form completely and ensure it is submitted.
- Submissions will be accepted will be from Oct. 5th 2023, until Oct 28nd 2023 (until 11 PM).
- List of candidates will be posted on the Bulletin Boards and IAR website on October 31st 2023
- All the candidates will be introduced November 10th 2023 in the Musallah.
- Please read the ARTICLE VIII: MAJLIS ASH-SHURA of the IAR bylaws to understand Shura’s roles and responsibilities.
- If you have any questions, please email to [email protected]