Youth Director Job Description
The Islamic Association of Raleigh is seeking a full time Youth Director to manage and expand the existing youth programs at the IAR. To see current programs as well as the goals of the IAR Youth, please visit IARyouth.org
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Create, arrange and implement various activities and events for children and adolescents of the IAR. Work with current staff/volunteers to improve existing programs and create new programs based on the community’s needs. Spend time educating the community on Islamic knowledge and values.
Training and Supervision
The youth director must be able to recruit volunteers, interview prospective staff, create work schedules and evaluate performance in order to build a successful and supportive team. The youth director may be expected to train new personnel and lead or organize ongoing educational courses for staff/volunteers. The youth director shall also undergo occasional personal development and training programs.
Create, manage and operate within a budget determined by the IAR Shura. Maintain financial accounts and create reports to submit to the IAR Shura on an annual basis.
The youth director must learn and utilize industry standards for marketing. Market to increase enrollment and network as needed with local Muslim youth organizations. The youth director is expected to work with local school districts, community leaders, and parents to distribute information about IAR youth programs.
• Project management is essential skill set the candidate must demonstrate
• Be aware of the challenges faced by the Muslim youth
• Relate well to youth from elementary to high school ages
• Ability to collaborate with college MSAs, masjid leadership, and key community members
• Strong Islamic Character with good communication, organizational and leadership abilities
• B.A./B.S. Degree or equivalent experience in youth development, psychology or related field and/or Islamic studies preferred
• A strong understanding of Islamic etiquettes, manners, and appropriate behavior
• Be adaptive to irregular hours due to timings of events and dates of special events (Ramadan, jummah, etc)
Salary based on qualifications with bonus based on performance and possible sign on bonus.
Please send your resume with a cover letter to [email protected]