Job Title: Cleaning Supervisor – Islamic Association of Raleigh
Applications deadline is March 31, 2019
Islamic Association of Raleigh (IAR), a non-profit organization, seeks an experienced cleaning supervisor. The cleaning supervisor is full time position, will supervise the rest of the cleaning crew. IAR is looking for energetic, and driven individuals to join the IAR.
Your job duties include scheduling and coordinating staff, performing specialized services to ensure all areas and equipment are clean, and communicating with other departments. The final selection of the successful candidate shall be subject to the approval of the IAR admin team.
- Supervises cleaning staff
- Walk the floor to review work performed by employees in all areas as designated by manager
- Assures daily/weekly/monthly cleaning of all required and assigned areas
- Check special work requests or issues as requested by the manager and ensure that the request has been completed as requested
- Trains employees on how to perform the functions of the job and safety procedures
- Reports workplace accidents
- Advises manager of workplace issues/ concerns regarding employees and equipment
- Additional duties may be assigned as needed and requested by the manager
- Establishing work standards
- Conducting site evaluations
- Ensuring the highest level of cleanliness quality and safety
- Fill in for absent employees if/when needed
- Special work projects as requested
- Cover open shifts
- Purchasing of supplies and equipment
- Supervise staff of two or more employees
- Provide training to new employees and orientation as required.
- Inspect work performed to ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Monitor time reporting transactions.
- Inspect equipment to ensure it is in proper working condition.
- Monitor safety practices of staff to ensure policies/procedures are followed.
- Submit work request the manager for items found in need of repair.
- Distribute and monitor supply usage.
- Reassign work assignments as required.
- Performs discipline procedures of employees for poor work performance, attendance, etc.
- Handles employee work schedules
- Reviews time-off requests
- Work well with others
- Ability to supervise employees
- Exhibit professionalism and courteousness always
- Follow the IAR policies
- Must be dependable, self-motivated, have a positive attitude, and be able to work independently.
Requirements of this position include:
- Excellent attention to details
- Management and janitorial experience
- Good communication skills
- Positive Attitude!
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and achieve effective time management
- Ability to work well under pressure
Cleaning Duties are but not limited to:
- Basic Cleaning in accordance with the IAR cleaning plan
- Sweeping and mopping
- Trash Removal
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age, and have a high school diploma or equivalent, would prefer college degree. This individual should have extensive experience in the cleaning or services field
Experience: at least one 1-year experience in cleaning and managing people.
Must be able to pass Criminal Background check
Work authorization: Authorized to work in the US
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with the qualifications, knowledge and experience as per the IAR HR handbook
To apply, send cover letter, résumé, and 3 references by e-mail to [email protected] (write the job title)
No phone calls. Only finalists will be contacted. This Position may remain open until filled.
IAR is an equal opportunity employer