Earth Hour is this Saturday from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm. It’s a global movement organized by the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF). Held annually, the event encourages individuals, communities, businesses and governments to turn off non-essential electric lights, for 1 hour, from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. to raise awareness about the effects of energy consumption on the environment.
In light of COVID-19 and everything that unfolded over the last year, M4THEE wanted to do more than switch off the lights. Join us in some or all of these activities.
- Turn off your lights and all non essential electronics.
- Observe a moment of silence for the 2,750,000 million that died around the globe. We have had more than 125,000,000 COVID-19 cases globally.
- Give thanks & gratitude. We still have quite a lot to be thankful for.
- Ponder & pray for the safety and well being of the ummah/humanity. Perhaps a little candle light Quran/Qiyam.
- Relate/Sympathize with those who are less fortunate.
- Connect with nature reflect/contemplate upon the creations.
- Make a pledge to make a positive change. Adopt a reusable bag, give up plastic bottles and straws and join the environmental sustainability movement.