IAR’s An-Noor Quran Academy is hiring! Are you passionate about embracing the timeless beauty of the Holy Quran and guiding eager minds on their journey of spiritual growth? Step into a role that allows you to make a profound impact as an integral part of our esteemed Islamic Quran Memorization School.
Teaching Positions | Principal Position
Position 1: Part-Time Math and Science for 5th & 6th Grades
Position 2: Part-Time Language Arts and Social Studies Teacher for 5th & 6th Grades
Position 3: Part-Time Math and Science and Language Arts and Social Studies (all subjects) Teacher for 4th & 5th Grades
The person selected for the “Language Arts and Social Studies Teacher” position or “Math and Science” will be responsible for teaching Language Arts and Social Studies or Math and Science to 5th & 6th Grade during weekdays from 12:00pm to 4:00pm at IAR or at our Preston location. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Create a classroom environment that enhances students’ learning abilities, creativity, critical thinking, and collaborative skills.
• Ability to work with individual students. Identify their strengths and weaknesses and help them overcome deficiencies.
• Assist the school director or designee in various school related activities as required.
• Perform administrative duties such as student evaluation, routine updates of student progress and oversee student disciplinary issues.
• Maintain professional conduct and good relationship with parents, students, and peers consistent with Islamic teachings and US practices.
• Qualified to teach either in Math and and Science or Language Arts and Social Studies in compliance with NC Standard Course of Study for grades 5th and 6th.
• College degree preferred or must have equivalent experience.
• Experience as a Language Arts and Social Studies or Math and Science teacher in the U.S.
• Experience working with children ages 5 and older.
• Be legally eligible to work in the United States.
Strong Islamic character with good communication, organizational and leadership abilities. A strong understanding and application of Islamic etiquettes, manners and appropriate behavior. Ability to relate well to youth of all ages and with adults.
Personnel policy governs work conditions and benefits. All staff members are on temporary employment for the first 90 days and employment is reviewed annually. An-Noor School offers competitive salary.
Further information is available upon request.
How to Apply:
AnNoor Qur’an Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Please send your resume and references to Director at An-Noor Qur’an Academy: [email protected]
More details about the school is available at www.annoorquranacademy.org – (919) 834-9537
The School has an immediate need to employ a dynamic, motivated and forward thinking Principal who will be responsible for managing at least three direct reports, each of whom serve critical functions at the School:
(b) academic studies and
The Principal will report to the School Committee, which is comprised of an appointed chairman from IAR and volunteer committee members who are parents and founders of the School.
Qualifications : The Principal must:
● Have strong communication, organizational and leadership skills.
● Have strong moral character reflecting Islamic principles and lifestyle.
● Be a self-motivated leader who is passionate about working with students.
● Be experienced in teaching at Islamic Institutions and/or working with youth
development, education management, psychology or a related field.
● Have the ability to relate well to elementary and middle school students from different
● Have completed high school in the United States and is familiar with American
● Have obtained an undergraduate degree in the United States.
● Be legally eligible to work in the United States.
● Have training in Islamic Studies/Arabic.
● Be familiar with the mosque environment and working with mosque leadership.
Please refer to the attached document for detailed job description : JOB DESCRIPTION
An-Noor Quran Academy (ANQA) is a full time school operated by the Islamic Association of Raleigh (IAR) and specializes in Quran memorization and the preparation of future Muslim scholars in the United States. It has developed a unique program, tailored to Quran Hifdh as well as the academic needs of students. The academic curriculum meets the North Carolina Standard Course of Study (NCSOS) requirements and the National Achievement Tests criteria. Students also learn Social Studies as an additional subject.
By initiating a variety of cohesive memorizations programs, An-Noor Quran Academy (ANQA) trains students to become Hafiẓ / Hafiza of Quran, while simultaneously pursuing academic excellence in conventional subjects which will help nurture our students become future leaders and scholars in the American society.
An-Noor Quran Academy’s (ANQA) primary mission is to instill in our students a love for learning Qur’an and Sunnah. ANQA acknowledges the fact that there can be no true success without the Believers first establishing a thorough bond with the Glorious Quran. The Qur’an is the last divine revelation of Allah conveyed to humanity as a means of salvation. It is a book that illuminates the path which leads to success in this life and the hereafter, as Allah says, “Alif Lam Ra’. A book We revealed to you in order that you might take mankind from the depths of darkness to Noor (light) by the will of their Lord and to the path of Him, the Exalted in power, worthy of all praise (Surah Ibrahim:1) The Quran is the primary means towards elevating man’s status and it provides for him a waseelah (means of approach) to draw near to his Lord, as Allah says, “O you who believe! Have taqwa of Allah and seek the Waseelah to Him, and strive hard in His cause, so that you may be successful.” (Surah 5:35).