The Islamic Center of Raleigh is open for the five daily prayers and Friday prayers at reduced capacity. Online registration is required for all shifts of Friday prayers until further notice.
For the safety of everyone in our community, the masjid will operate under a very strict set of self-imposed guidelines that have been reviewed and approved by the Administration Team and IAR Re-opening Committee. This Committee consists of experts in the medical field, environmental services, security and operations. Please note that the masjid is only open for prayer services. All other activities of the center will remain suspended until further notice.
Due to ongoing concerns about the COVID-19 pandemic, the Islamic Center of Raleigh requires all worshipers to adhere to all directions provided by IAR Security and its volunteers. This includes, but is not limited to the following rules:
- You must wear a mask that properly covers your nose and mouth prior to entering the building and preferably upon leaving your vehicle.
- Plan to enter the IAR in a state of wudoo’. Bathroom access will be limited to emergencies.
- Please bring your own prayer rug to limit shared usage and contamination of the carpet.
- Keep your shoes with you using the plastic bag provided at the entrance.
- Children under the age of 14 will not permitted.
- You will be required to adhere to social distancing guidelines at all the times during the five daily and Jummuah prayers, which includes:
- Staying six feet away from others in the open areas.
- Using marked areas for prayer to ensure proper spacing.
- Avoiding physical contact such as shaking hands and hugging.
- Leaving the masjid in a manner that maintains social distancing after the completion of prayer.
- Only registered worshipers will be allowed to attend, and space will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis.
- A physical or digital copy of your registration confirmation must be presented from the car window with the window closed as you drive into the masjid parking lot. No exceptions will be made.
- You must bring your own prayer rug and it must be displayed on the car dashboard with the windows closed. If you do not have your prayer rug displayed, you will be asked to leave
The Islamic Center of Raleigh is taking the necessary precautions to promote the safety and well-being of all worshippers. If you have concerns about your health or are unable to comply with the rules above, please do not attend prayers at the Islamic Center of Raleigh. We ask for your patience, cooperation and understanding as our community addresses the extraordinary circumstances of this pandemic.
The IAR has taken extraordinary health and safety measures to ensure that you, your family members, and other guests can worship at the center.
**You must follow all the posted instructions while utilizing the IAR facilities.
- COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death.
- There is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 that exists in public places, such as the IAR, where people are present and congregate.
- According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), worshipers over 65 years of age and those who have underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
- By visiting the IAR facilities, you are knowingly and voluntarily assuming all the risks related to exposure to COVID-19.