The Islamic Association of Raleigh (IAR) is seeking energetic and driven individuals to serve in the Security Officers. The positions are paid, full-time & part-time positions requiring between 25 & 40 hours per week.
The Islamic Association of Raleigh (IAR) is an Islamic center serving as a mosque, school, and a gathering place for the Muslim community in the Research Triangle region of North Carolina. The IAR is the largest mosque in the Carolinas and among the oldest in the area, hosting over three thousand congregants every Friday.
- Patrol IAR premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows and gates.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor entrance and departure of employees, volunteers, visitors, community members and other people to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized people, or unusual occurrences.
- Call police or fire departments (911) in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized people or a serious injury. Assist law enforcement officials as needed and directed.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Familiarize yourself with rules and regulations of the Islamic Association of Raleigh. Warn people of rule infractions or violations politely and call the chairperson to inform.
- Inspect security system equipment, and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proven experience as security officer
- Helpful, courteous attitude
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation is commensurate with experience. The employee will be a non-exempt hourly employee. IAR Personnel policy governs work conditions and benefits. All staff members are on probation for the first 90 days and are reviewed annually.
To apply, fill out the attached job application and email it to [email protected] with the job code of
IAR-Security in the email subject line.