The Islamic Association of Raleigh (IAR) is seeking 2 high performing, dependable and hard-
working individuals to serve in the role of Cafeteria Team Member/Cook. Both positions are
paid, part-time positions requiring between 20-25 and 10-15 hours per week.
The Islamic Association of Raleigh (IAR) is an Islamic center serving as a mosque, school, and a
gathering place for the Muslim community in the Research Triangle region of North Carolina.
The IAR is the largest mosque in the Carolinas and among the oldest in the area, hosting over
three thousand congregants every Friday.
Being a team member means exhibiting a friendly, enthusiastic attitude while performing job
assignments, showing a caring attitude for customers and fellow employees, and maintaining
the cafeteria’s operational quality and cleanliness standards.
This is a family cafeteria environment where you will be taking customer orders, managing
customer payments using a cash register, ensuring dining area and Kitchen are kept clean and
meet safety and health standards, preparing and presenting quality products at all times, and
maintaining adequately stocked workstations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding of or ability to learn sanitation and regulations for workplace safety.
- Basic understanding of or ability to learn food handling techniques, preparation, and cooking procedures.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently.
- Must be able to work well as part of a team.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to maintain personal cleanliness.
Education and Experience:
- High school or vocational school coursework in kitchen basics, such as food safety, preferred.
- One to two years of related experience is required
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience. The employee will be a non-exempt hourly employee. IAR Personnel policy governs work conditions and benefits.
To apply, please fill out the job application below or send your resume with a cover letter to [email protected] with the job code of