IAR is seeking a motivated intern who is ready to apply knowledge of business practices and processes in a real-world environment. This is a volunteer program (unpaid) that will offer opportunities to gain practical experience by engaging in projects and tasks that contribute to professional development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in various projects including writing reports, conducting research, analyzing data.
- Help plan and design processes and make recommendations for improvement
- Perform research and analysis in support of operations
- Help launch new initiatives
- May perform additional projects upon request
- Currently enrolled in a master’s program in in business administration, finance, legal, construction, accounting, HR, logistics, interior design, project management, marketing, grants or any related field.
- 1 year minimum commitment for 7 to 10 hours per week
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Practical experience with varied business activities
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with experienced and accomplished staff and volunteers
- Report directly to the CEO
- Obtaining the ins and outs of nonprofit management
- Flexible schedule
- Earn academic credit