The Director of Outreach at the Islamic Association of Raleigh, Raleigh, North Carolina, will oversee the development and implementation of projects and programs to engage volunteers, team members, and others as needed.
The Director of Outreach is responsible for the following:
- Developing and implementing a multitude of diverse education and outreach initiatives to achieve the outreach goals of the IAR.
- Overseeing and participating in various outreach activities (e.g., visitations to the IAR, to schools or state officials, development of educational materials and programs, leading demonstration projects, etc.) with varying timelines and budgets.
- Fundraising for the outreach programs (in addition to the IAR allocated budget) from sources such as community donations, government grants, and non-profit foundations and managing the overall outreach budget.
- Providing communications and talking points to team members, outreach officials, community members, and others as needed.
- Hiring individual(s) with a passion for outreach and the skills for the role, lead outreach staff, and volunteers, maximizing their impact and professional growth.
- Conducting visitation tours of the IAR facilities and providing an overview of Islam tailored to various audiences.
- Partnering with other Masajid and other faith-based organizations to coordinate outreach efforts programs where applicable.
- Developing the strategic vision for the IAR’s outreach efforts, including goals and measurable key results.
- Represent the IAR outreach program at public speaking engagements, workshops, conferences, and on committees to advance outreach partnerships and opportunities.
- Respond to outreach inquiries promptly.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related field
- Advanced coursework or other training, education, certification, or experience in outreach strategies and tools
- Proven organizational and project management skills
- Experience accomplishing a variety of goals with varying timelines, budgets, and staffing resources
- People leadership experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior interpersonal and leadership skills to collaborate tactfully and effectively with visitors, staff, and volunteers
- Experience managing a fiscal budget and fundraising
- Good computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Google applications
- Time spent in this position will be discussed with the Chair of the Outreach Committee
- Work hours may shift depending on the needs of the program/event. This position will periodically require work outside regular hours and occasionally on weekends.
Benefits: Competitive benefits, including paid vacation and sick time, 401K, and health benefits
Salary: to be negotiated
To apply, please email your resume to: [email protected] with “
Outreach Director” in the subject line. IAR Personnel policy governs work conditions and benefits. No phone calls please.
About The Islamic Association of Raleigh
IAR is an Islamic center serving as a mosque, school, and a gathering place for the Muslim community in the Research Triangle region of North Carolina. The IAR is the largest mosque in the Carolinas and among the oldest in the area, hosting over three thousand congregants every Friday and fifteen thousand every Eid.