The Islamic Association of Raleigh (IAR) is seeking a motivated, trustworthy individual to serve in the role of Cleaner. The position is a paid, full-time position requiring 30-40 hours per week.
The Islamic Association of Raleigh (IAR) is an Islamic center serving as a mosque, school, and a gathering place for the Muslim community in the Research Triangle region of North Carolina. The IAR is the largest mosque in the Carolinas and among the oldest in the area, hosting over three thousand congregants every Friday.
The Cleaner is responsible for cleaning, sanitizing and keeping the building in clean and orderly manner.
- Performs general cleaning and sanitizing tasks throughout the facility.
- Uses cleaning cart to transport cleaning supplies.
- Cleans and disinfects bathrooms, hallways, offices and the Musallah.
- Wipes and dusts surface in offices, Musallah and all common areas.
- Vacuums and cleans floors, and carpets.
- Picks up and empties trash containers.
- Carry out deep cleaning and detailed cleaning tasks.
- Refills supplies, such as toilet paper and paper towels.
- Help & assist with setup and take down after events.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Proven working experience as a Cleaner.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies.
- Detail-oriented and thorough.
- Ability to keep the facility clean and orderly.
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation is commensurate with experience. The employee will be a non-exempt hourly employee. IAR Personnel policy governs work conditions and benefits. All staff members are on probation for the first 90 days and are reviewed annually.
To apply, fill out the attached job application and email it to [email protected] with the job code of
IAR-Cleaner in the email subject line.