Job Title: CEO (Chief Executive Officer)- Islamic Association of Raleigh
Islamic Association of Raleigh (IAR), a non-profit membership organization, seeks an experienced CEO. The CEO oversees, manages, coordinates, and administers all IAR operations in accordance with the established and approved goals of IAR. The final selection of the successful candidate shall be subject to the approval of the IAR Shura.
The Chief Executive Officer shall report to the IAR Chairperson and be responsible for:
- Managing and coordinating activities of all committees to achieve the aims and purposes of the IAR.
- Calling and presiding over the meetings of the Administration.
- Reporting on the operational status to the Chairperson and attending the Shura meetings.
- Being the main representative and correspondent for the IAR in external affairs.
- Preparing a list of short term and long term activities of the IAR and presenting it annually to the Shura.
- Assisting the Chairperson to achieve the aims and purposes of the IAR.
- Being a liaison between the IAR, other organizations and external media under the guidelines approved by the Shura.
- Under guidelines of the Shura, CEO shall have the power and authority to exercise all the rights, powers and authority on all operation matters and in accordance with IAR Constitution.
- Knowledge of IAR’s operations, structures, procedures and policies
- Knowledge of the IAR and Triangle area Muslim Community and Muslim organizations
- Previous experience in IAR (or similar) operations
- Bachelor's degree and relevant professional work experience. Masters degree a plus.
- Management experience in private or public organization
- Some prior experience in managing an Islamic organization preferred.
- Knowledge of local, state and US system of government
- Excellent English language writing and verbal communication skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge and ability to work with various stakeholders in the Muslim and non- Muslim communities in the Triangle area
- Ability to supervise and train employees (volunteers), to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Knowledge of management principles and practices.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, standards, policies and procedures within area.
- Knowledge of business practices and procedures.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Salary and benefits will be commensurate with the qualifications, knowledge and experience as per the IAR HR handbook
To apply, send cover letter, résumé, 3 references and salary requirements by e-mail to Jobs@islam1.org
No phone calls. Only finalists will be contacted. This Position may remain open until filled.
IAR is an equal opportunity employer.