The Islamic Association of Raleigh youth committee is seeking a part-time Programming Coordinator to successfully lead the brainstorming, planning, launching, development, and evaluation of programs catering to young Muslims in the college and young professional age range. Strategically recruit team members and volunteers, set goals, maximize resources, and ultimately make each program more effective and sustainable long-term. This role requires 15-20 hours per week.
Job Description: Program Development
Within Each Program:
Planning & Design:
- Identify and recruit a cohesive team
- Lead the development of mission and vision statements
- Establish goals and objectives
- Plot a timeline
- Identify intended results and outcomes
- Ensure progress toward intended results and outcomes with periodic assessments
- Establish a sustainable program structure
- Effectively delegate tasks to team members and volunteers
- Initiate marketing efforts in a timely and effective manner
- Make recommendations to team members as needed
Evaluation & Accountability:
- Conduct various levels of evaluation of program impact
- Develop presentations to highlight progress and successes
- Report evaluation results to Youth Committee Chairperson, relevant personnel, and stakeholders
- Support the work and development of ongoing youth programs as needed.
- Assist Youth Committee Chairperson and other champions/volunteers as needed.
- Work on other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Preference will be given to candidates with a degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Psychology, Islamic Studies or related fields.
- Previous experience working with Muslim youth and program development.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation is commensurate with experience. The employee will be a non-exempt hourly employee. IAR Personnel policy governs work conditions and benefits. All staff members are on probation for the first 90 days and are reviewed annually.