The Islamic Association of Raleigh (IAR) is seeking a motivated and hardworking individual to serve in the role of Office Manager. The position is a paid, full-time position requiring 40 hours per week.
The Islamic Association of Raleigh (IAR) is an Islamic center serving as a mosque, schools, and a gathering place for the Muslim community in the Triangle region of North Carolina. The IAR is one of the oldest mosques in the area and hosts over three thousand congregants every Friday.
- To promote and assist in the smooth, professional operations of the Islamic Association of Raleigh (IAR)
- To provide administrative and executive support to the IAR leadership
- To deliver an outstanding service experience to the congregants and community of IAR
- Manage day to day operation of the office including overseeing the IAR calendar, attend the Administration meetings, work directly with the CEO and resolve issues.
- Receives community members and answers questions, in person, by phone or email; responds to inquiries from employees, clients and community members, when necessary, to the appropriate person, official or committee.
- Order office supplies and develop and maintain organized filing.
- Responsible for preparing selected monthly and annual reports for a variety of committees and meetings (Election, General Body meetings, expense reports, etc)
- Manage and renew the organizations’ property and liability insurance.
- Prepare all IAR letters including Employment Verifications, New Muslim letters, Community Service letters,
- Assist with special projects, as needed.
Bookkeeper duties include:
- Maintain IAR accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balance IAR accounts by reconciling entries for all bank accounts
- Maintain historical records by filing documents.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Prepare and submit 1099 for vendors and contractors
- Issue and provide financial statements
- Maintain and update the chart of accounts
- Maintain and enter the annual budget in the accounting system
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements.
- Prepare and submit the G.F annual budget
- Work with and support the IAR CEO, Treasurer and the Finance Chairperson when needed
- Supervise admin assistance to issues checks, use the accounting system to enter check deposits and keep the reservation of rooms updated.
- Organize, sends meetings notices and materials to Shura.
- Attend, and take minutes of Administration team meetings
- Maintain organization files including by-laws, minutes, and policies for the Organization
- Maintain membership files and support the membership team in Shura and ICC elections.
- Direct planning and activities to support the annual picnic, Eids and fundraisers.
- Assist the CEO and the IAR chair as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associate degree in Business Administration, accounting, finance or equivalent
- Previous administrative or office experience
- Previous experience with booking software
- Extensive knowledge of office management procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Teams
- Excellent Islamic character, and a commitment to maintain confidentiality of private and sensitive information.
- Ability to work in a flexible, fast-paced environment
- Ability to be trained and acquire new skills
- Ability to supervise other
- Some weekend and evening hours may be required as services and meetings dictate
Compensation is commensurate with experience. The employee will be an exempt employee. IAR Personnel policy governs work conditions and benefits.
Please send your resume to [email protected] with the job code of