The Islamic Association of Raleigh (IAR) is seeking a motivated and hardworking individual to serve in the role of Administrative Assistant. The position is a paid, full-time position requiring 40 hours per week.
The Islamic Association of Raleigh (IAR) is an Islamic center serving as a mosque, schools, and a gathering place for the Muslim community in the Triangle region of North Carolina. The IAR is one of the oldest mosques in the area and hosts over three thousand congregants every Friday. The IAR is an active center providing services for both genders and all ages as well as the general Triangle area.
- To promote and assist the smooth, professional operations of the Islamic Association of Raleigh (IAR)
- To provide administrative and executive support to the IAR leadership
- To deliver an outstanding service experience to the congregants and community of IAR
- Faithfully execute customer service, office, and receptionist functions
- Maintain mosque records, manage calendar, email, and phone, and assist in payroll and bookkeeping
- Process IAR email and phone calls, communicate priorities and action items to the relevant parties
- Assist in executing special assignments related to job duties as assigned by IAR CEO
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associate degree or equivalent
- Excellent command of the English language, including basic composition, grammar, and punctuation
- Strong computer skills, including use of the Internet, e-mail, calendar, word-processing, and spreadsheets
- Excellent Islamic character. Commitment to maintain confidentiality of private and sensitive information.
- Competence in operating standard office machines such as printer, copier, and scanner
- Discipline to adhere to IAR policies, procedures, and workflows and to work in a flexible, high-paced environment
- Demonstrated flexibility, good judgment and the ability to set priorities and respond to changes.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to be trained and acquire new skills
- Some weekend and evening hours may be required as services and meetings dictate
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Previous administrative or office experience
- Advanced computer skills, such as proficiency in presentation, desktop publishing, and bookkeeping software
Compensation: Compensation is commensurate with experience. The employee will be a non-exempt hourly employee. IAR Personnel policy governs work conditions and benefits.
Please send your resume with a cover letter to [email protected] with the job code of