2018 Quran Contest
Sponsored by An-Noor Qur'an Academy
The Quran contest goal is to encourage all Muslims to learn and memorize Quran using proper rules of Tajweed and to make the speech of Allah SWT near and dear to their heart.
The registration begins on Tuesday June 5 and ends on Sunday August 5 2018.
Quran Contest Schedule
|Application Registration Dates||Begins: Tuesday June 5 2018
Ends: Sunday August 5 2018
|Late Registration Deadline||Sunday August 12 2018 with a late registration fee of $25|
|Contest Dates||September 8 and 15 2018|
|Quran Contest Award Ceremony||TBD|
Ramadan Quran Contest Rules
- A contestant can register in only one level
- Candidates who did not register before the deadline will not qualify to win the contest regardless of their performance
- Registration form can be filled online only. The registration deadline is July 2 2018.
- The registration fee is $15.00 (nonrefundable) per contestant. The registration fee should be paid on the day of contest to cover cost of organizing the contest. The fees are not used for the financial awards given to the first, second and third place winners.
- An-Noor Qur'an Academy students can only apply in the very advanced levels (VA) based on their teacher's recommendation, please make a note that this rule doesn't apply to the ones who just joined An-Noor Qur'an Academy
- If a contestant requires rescheduling of their test date due to personal hardship, there will be 20% deduction from their final score.
- Age is calculated as of August 15 2018.
- Boys and girls will not be judged separately, there will be at least one female judge in all categories.
- Incorrect information on date of birth may disqualify the contestant.
- Younger contestants can compete in higher level according to their abilities.
- During testing, contestant may be asked to recite any part(s) of the Surahs that they have memorized including the bonus Surah.
- Grade of the bonus Surah would only be considered to break a tie.
- Performance is based on Memorization, Tarteel (rules of Tajweed) and Pronunciation.
- Following Grading criteria will be followed:
First Place 85% - 100% Second Place 70% - 84% Third Place 60% - 69%
- Top scorers will get the first, second and third places i.e. all three contestants can achieve scores in the range of 85% - 100%
- A Hifdh student is one who is attending a full time or weekend hifhd school or doing hifdh through private tutoring or home schooling then he/she must register in the very advance category. Additionally, if he/she has memorized more than 5 Ajza then he/she must enroll in the very advance category. Anyone who has memorized the entire Quran then he/she must enroll in the Huffadh category.
Every registered participant should have received the Quran Contest Schedule based on their selected category. Please send email to email@example.com if you have any questions or have not yet received any email about the Quran Contest.
For more information or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org