An-Noor Teaching Assistant
An-Noor Quran Academy
Academic Teacher's Assistant
- Minimum of 10 hours per week from August 2018 through May 2019
- Typical hours: Mondays through Fridays, from 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm.
- Up to 5 additional hours per week depending upon school/teacher needs.
Educational Requirements: Minimum of an Associate's degree with one year teaching experience.
Grade Level: 5th grade
Salary: Available upon request.
- Discuss assigned duties with classroom teachers in order to coordinate instructional efforts.
- Prepare lesson materials
- Present subject matter to students under the direction and guidance of teachers
- Tutor and assist children individually or in small groups in order to help them master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by teachers.
- Supervise students in classrooms, halls, cafeteria, IAR playground, and gymnasium, or on field trips.
- Distribute teaching materials such as textbooks, workbooks, papers, and pencils to students.
- Distribute tests and homework assignments, and collect them when they are completed.
- Enforce An-Noor policies and rules governing students.
- Grade homework and tests, and compute and record results
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage.
- Observe students' performance, and record relevant data to assess progress.
- May participate in teacher-parent conferences regarding students' progress or problems.
- Take class attendance, and maintain attendance records.
- Assist in lunch and dismissal duties.
- Attend staff meetings.
For additional information, please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com.