Al Iman School RFP
Al Iman School Classroom Reconfiguration Project
Posted on March 30, 2018
The Islamic Association of Raleigh ("IAR") seeks bids from licensed and bonded general contractors to renovate the first floor of the existing school building. As a result of the project, the IAR will consolidate storage and create an expanded classroom on the first floor.
3020 Ligon Street Raleigh, NC 27607
Scope of Work
Task 1: Partition Wall Demolition
- Demolition of approximately sixty (60) linear feet (+/- 10 LF) (approximately 720 SF) of partition walls.
- Some preparation of electrical systems may be necessary prior to demolition
Task 2: Tile Floor Demolition
- Demolition and removal of existing tile flooring in each of the three planned classroom spaces, totaling approximately 2,500 square feet (+/- 200 SF)
Task 3: Construction of New Partition Walls and Doorways
- Construction of approximately ten (10) linear feet of partition walls (+/- 5 LF) (approximately 120 SF), a new partition between existing storage and a classroom, and one (1) new doorway.
Task 4: Construction of New Vinyl Tile
- Construction of new vinyl tile flooring in each of the three (3) new classrooms, totaling approximately 2,500 square feet (+/- 200 SF)
The IAR intends to commence and complete all demolition and construction work between the conclusion of Ramadan in 2018 and the beginning of the subsequent academic calendar year. Therefore, all demolition and construction must commence by Monday, June 18, 2018 and conclude by Friday, August 3, 2018.
Additional Information and Site Visit
Attached to this RFP is a schematic plan drawing of the changes included in this project. Upon request, the IAR can provide photographs of the demolition and construction areas.
Contractors interested in visiting the site prior to proposal submission should contact IAR CEO Samy Abdel Baky at firstname.lastname@example.org. No unscheduled visits will be permitted. Any additional questions about the project should be submitted in writing to the IAR CEO no later than Friday, April 6, 2018.
Please submit written proposals to the IAR at the following address:
Islamic Association of Raleigh
c/o Samy Abdel Baky, IAR CEO
808 Atwater Street
Raleigh, NC 27607
All proposals should include the following:
- Documentation of licensure
- Proposed schedule by task
- Proposed cost by task
All proposals should be submitted no later than Friday, April 20, 2018 at 5:00 PM. The IAR will review submissions and contact a short list of bidders with follow up questions in the following week. The IAR will award the project no later than Friday, May 04, 2018.
Schematic Plan Drawing