The Islamic Association Of Raleigh (IAR) is looking for a volunteer to assume the position of its Treasurer, subject to Shura approval. As a volunteer, you will not be eligible for any compensation or benefits. There is no required minimum number of hours expected but it is expected that the Treasurer will be generally available to carry out the duties listed.
The Islamic Association of Raleigh (IAR) is an Islamic center serving as a mosque, school, and a gathering place for the Muslim community in the Triangle region of North Carolina. The IAR is one of the oldest mosques in the area and hosts over three thousand congregants every Friday.
The IAR is an active center providing services for both genders and all ages as well as the general Triangle area.
Your primary duties will include:
- Ensure that bank statements are reconciled with GL balance.
- Review accounting data for accuracy.
- Maintain ACS and work as system administrator.
- Ensure all payroll quarterly and annual are filed properly and are easily accessible.
- Coordinate the issuance of 1099 and 1098.
- Coordinate the distribution of donation letters.
- Research accounting and tax issues and provide guidance to EC & Shura members.
- Provide monthly and annual cash flow and other statements.
- Execute all duties of the Treasurer as required by the Constitution, including Audits and supporting the Finance Chair in developing the IAR budget.
- Attend EC meetings.
In performing your duties for items 1-5, 7 and 8, you will have a part time paid bookkeeper and other IAR staff helping out as agreed to.