The Prophet (PBUH) said, "There is no deed that is better in the sight of Allah or more greatly rewarded than a good deed done in the (first) ten days of Al-Adha". It was asked, "Not even Jihad for the sake of Allah?" The Prophet (PBUH) replied, "Not even Jihad for the sake of Allah, unless a man goes out himself for Jihad taking his wealth with him and does not come back with anything." Narrated by Al-Bukhari
Just like the last ten nights of Ramadan are the best ten nights out of the year, these first ten days of Dhu al-Hijjah are the best days of the year and the most beloved to Allah as they combine acts of worship in a way unlike any other time.
So, the questions we should be asking ourselves are, "How do we make the most of this season of blessings?", "What deeds can I perform to attain His pleasure?". The following are some examples of the acts of worship that will help us gain His pleasure InshaAllah.
- Perform Hajj (Pilgrimage)
- Fast all nine days and especially on the 'Day of Arafah'
- Perform Dhikr and Takbeer
- Stand the Night in Prayer
- Make Sincere Repentance
- Return to Book of Allah (The Quran)
- Increase in doing ALL good deeds
- Slaughter an animal and distribute the meat (Sacrifice)
- Attend Eid prayers
- Thank Allah