The Social and Welfare Committee is looking for an individual to operate the Food Pantry Operations located at the Islamic Center of Raleigh (ICR).Responsibilities
This is a part-time position for 10-15 hours per month and will be responsible for all Food Pantry Operations.Work Activities: Assist the Food Pantry Lead Person by conducting the following:
- Open and operate the Food Pantry every 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month between the hours of 8:30am to 12:30pm.
- Work with other volunteers to distribute food to Food Pantry Clients.
- One to two times a month go shopping at the Food Bank to stock the Food Pantry either by renting a vehicle or driving a loaner vehicle.
- On as-need basis conduct shopping at local stores to stock Food Pantry.
- Help with food drives to collect and distribute food items donated by the community to the Food Pantry clients particularly during Ramadan or as planned by Social & Welfare Committee
- Keep records of Food Pantry Clients.
- Complete paper-work as required including but not limited to report generation and submission to Food Bank of NC.
- During the month of Ramadan the Food Pantry is open every week, so the candidate may be required to be available to work for approximately 30 hours during this month (note that all time worked over 15 hours per month will need be approved by the Food Pantry Lead).
- Applicant will need to work with a team of volunteers at the Food Pantry, must be a team player and exhibit flexibility and ability to deal with wide range of volunteers with little or no experience (like high school students).
- A strong sense of commitment and fulfilling responsibilities in a timely fashion is a must.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds using proper technique.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must have a valid credit card (which may be required to cover for food pantry related activities like book and rent a vehicle; gas for food transportation; all valid job related expenses incurred will be reimbursed).
- Candidates must have authorization to work in the United States. Proper Documentation and Proof required.
Orientation & Training: Will be provided upon hiring
Responsible to: Reports to Food Pantry Lead
Compensation: Hourly salary will be $10 per hour (under review). IAR Personnel Policy governs work conditions and benefits. All staff members are on probation for the first 90 days and are reviewed annually.
Application Deadline: June 15, 2015
Send Applications to Br. A.Q. Ahmad at firstname.lastname@example.org