Part time Qur'an Hifdh teacherPosted: March 24, 2016
An-Noor Qur'an Academy was established in 2009 with the blessings of Allah (SWT). It offers a unique program that includes full time Qur'an memorization and academics for grades 3 - 8 where students learn English, Math,Science, and Social Studies to comply with the North Carolina Common Core Curriculum standards.
AnNoor Qur'an Academy has a vacancy for a part time Qur'an Hifdh teacher.
BookkeeperPosted March 22, 2016
Islamic Association of Raleigh is seeking the services of a bookkeeper to support the IAR Treasurer in ensuring that IAR financial transactions are accurately recorded and reflected in its Statements.
Compensation: This is an hourly non-exempt position, generally expected not to exceed 20 hours a month or under a contractor arrangement (whatever is preferred). The Hourly rate will be in keeping with education, experience and market position.
The Islamic Association of Raleigh (IAR) is an Islamic center serving as a mosque, school, and a gathering place for the Muslim community in the Triangle region of North Carolina. The IAR is one of the oldest mosques in the area and hosts over three thousand congregants every Friday.
The IAR is an active center providing services for both genders and all ages as well as the general Triangle area.
The IAR is an active center providing services for both genders and all ages as well as the general Triangle area.Responsibilities
- Reconcile bank statement with GL balance.
- Download and post online revenue and reconcile to the bank statement
- Make required journal entries to record budget transfers, deposits, online revenue and payroll.
- Prepare and monthly IAR cash flow statement To IAR Treasurer, usually by the 10th day.
- Coordinate the issuance of 1099's and other required IRS reporting
- Close the previous year's books
- Input the annual approved budget into ACS.
- Issue Annual IAR Cash Flow Statements, usually by end of January
- Support IAR Financial audit information requests
- Maintain ACS and work as system administrator.
- Review accounting data for accuracy
- Research accounting and tax issues and provide guidance, if requested.
- An undergraduate degree in Accounting is required. CPA is preferred.
- Ability to dedicate routine time in the first ten days of each month.
- Absolute total discretion is a must: Knowledge of IAR financials must not be shared with any third party, including IAR Staff or EC or Shura, except as noted below.
- If a contractor, must have own laptop.
- Must be able to work on their own initiative as a telecommuter.
- Either has or is willing to learn and manage the American Church System accounting software and specifically its Financial. People, and Access Modules.
- While work under this position is expected to be executed as a telecommuter, it is expected that the responded can be available in person or via phone, if needed.
- Experience working with a not for profit.
- Understands Accrual based accounting.
- Ability to work with people from multiple cultural and language backgrounds, though all communication will be in English.
Reports to: IAR Treasurer.
Works with: IAR Chair, Finance Chair, and Office Manager, and Fundraising Team and the Imam. She/he is not responsible nor expected to respond to queries from anyone other than the position listed.
Please send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com with the job code of Bookkeeper.
Al-Iman School Hiring for the 2016-2017 School YearPosted January 25, 2016
Al-Iman School, an Advanc-Ed accredited Islamic school established in 1992, has the following positions open for the 2016-2017 school year:
- Assistant Principal.
- Certified Elementary Teachers.
- Certified Middle School Language Arts Teacher.
- Islamic Studies, Arabic and Quran Teacher.
Property Maintenance TechnicianPosted January 21, 2016
The IAR is seeking a professional, dependable and hard-working Property Maintenance Technician. This is a part-time position with a possibility of transitioning into full-time. Pay is commensurate with experience.
Job Description: Maintenance technicians safeguard and maintain the physical condition of property and equipment according to company guidelines and standards, and protect them from damage, loss, and deterioration.Job Responsibilities:
- Ensures all interior and exterior areas of property are litter free, clean and presentable
- Completes and documents service requests in a thorough, timely manner
- Identifies and repairs building deficiencies
- Operates and maintains tools and equipment safely and efficiently
- Maintains a clean, safe, well organized work area and ensures an adequate inventory supply
- Performs routine maintenance and repair on central and/or individual air conditioning unit
- Delivers services with positive, customer focused behavior and teams with co-workers to complete assignments
- Related vocational training and/or work experience
- Must be able to read and write service requests
- Valid Driver's License required
- Excellent mechanical and electrical aptitude along with basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical, carpentry, appliance repair, drywall repair.
- HVAC knowledge and EPA certification preferred
- Previous commercial maintenance experience preferred
- Availability to work a flexible schedule including rotational "on-call" for emergencies
Interested applicants must send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.